Sony Acid Pro 6 Latency Issue

Hey, I'm new so if i'm posting in the wrong spot or you have heard this a million times before i apologize. I searched for it but nothing seemed to solve my problem. I recorded a drum track through an Alesis multimix 8 USB onto Acid Pro 6.0 and it sounds great, but when i recorded the guitar track it seemed to line up at times but not at others. I've changed from beatmapped to oneshot but the problem is still there. I have read that it could be a soundcard issue but i've used Cubase LE in the past on the same computer with no problems. I could just revert back to Cubase but Acid just seems easier to use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys. -Ryan

2. join Join! It's free! Each month one member will receive 2 $50 Overkill XLR Cables.
    Not enough? 37 Reasons To Join RecordingReview.com

Re: Sony Acid Pro 6 Latency Issue

with acid it is important to record all tracks at the same bpm. any variation will cause you endless grey hairs.
    also check you audio hardware settings and make sure that you have the correct drivers selected. drop the asio settings down to between 4ms and 7ms (if you can). you are experiencing latency issues as far as i can determine.

Ok, thanks i'll try that. I ordered a pod today and ableton 7 so things might work out better using that.

good luck. let us know how it works out.

I don't think changing the BPM settings on your ACID project will affect your track directly.. it might only change the positioning of the vertical bars that you see, each of which marks a beat at the selected BPM.

I used to face a problem sometimes when dubbing over an already-recorded track. It starts in sync, but as the track progresses, one tends to get marginally slower, hence screwing up the entire piece. Make sure you're using ASIO drivers and not the default windows sound driver. As fortyseven said, its most likely a latency issue.

As for Ableton - I'm sure it's good and it works wonders for those who use that alot. Personally, however, i think Ableton is awesome for MIDI sampling and sequencing, but doesn't come close to Acid (i use Acid pro 7.0) as far as recording audio goes. I've always had issues with tweaking and settings of audio tracks (such as volume / FX envelopes) on Ableton, which are probably the easiest things to do on Acid.

Could this be true? An ACID sub-forum?

Try different drivers, in my case there were two different types of ASIO drivers. Also increase your buffers.

You migth have some clocking issues between your card and software, so check the hardware forums on your interface manufacturer. That might be the problem.

I am not sure Ableton will be your cure as it is DJ software more than anything but it might make more sense to you.

I found Acid 7 to be very stable and free of frills software.
    www.HoustonMusicReviews.com
    Audio gear and music reviews!

Originally Posted by adorian
    I found Acid 7 to be very stable and free of frills software.
    Exactly. If only more people realised just how sable and easy Acid is.

Originally Posted by fortyseven
    Exactly. If only more people realised just how sable and easy Acid is.
    Then they'll bump up the price

11. Re: Sony Acid Pro 6 Latency Issue

Acid's easy and simple. Not to mention, "cheap."

Shopping Online
    Now, it is time too acceptable to play golf. So lots of humans would go out to play. If you wish to accomplish some money on the side, you can own your abundance online in which there are lots of golf clubs. That is an acceptable view. Golf is an abundant action enjoyed by millions of humans about the world; so abounding golf clubs are required. ishiner

Originally Posted by magic03
    Shopping Online
    Now, it is time too acceptable to play golf. So lots of humans would go out to play. If you wish to accomplish some money on the side, you can own your abundance online in which there are lots of golf clubs. That is an acceptable view. Golf is an abundant action enjoyed by millions of humans about the world; so abounding golf clubs are required. ishiner
    Curious... how did golf clubs and playing golf end up in an Acid Pro thread??
    Long Cain Studio
    Lagrange, GA

Behringer
    Shure
    Alesis
    Samson
    Focusrite Saffire
    Tama
    Korg
    CAD
    AKG

Bastardized Hopped-up PC on Crack based recording
    Windows 7 64bit
    Sony Acid Pro 7
    Cakewalk Sonar

I can answer that:

As long as you're a chinese forum spambot, anything is possible!