Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Question Sony ACID 6.0 Recording help

I use Sony ACID 6.0. It was recording just fine. When i would hit record the program would record ONLY what was coming into the mic. Now, for some reason, it records everything. I mean everything! It records what goes into the microphone and whatever is playing on ACID or playing in the background, like the sound of a video playing on a youtube. I turned down the volume physically on the speakers and it is still recording what is playing. I tried muting the sound but then it records nothing. Anyone know how to fix this?? Thanks.

Supreme Overlord Commander
    Pissed Off At High End Gear
    Blog Entries
    Liked
    5059 times

Default Re: Sony ACID 6.0 Recording help

I'm guessing you are using your stock soundcard. It should have a little control panel that lets you select what flows into the input. Make sure just the mic is selected.

Brandon

Powerhouse Mega Member
    Liked
    1 times

Yes this sounds like an I/O issue. What interface are you using?

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Originally Posted by brandondrury
    I'm guessing you are using your stock soundcard. It should have a little control panel that lets you select what flows into the input. Make sure just the mic is selected.

Brandon
    Where is the control panel? On the program or the computer?
    Sorry.. I'm noobish at this. Still experimenting with the program.

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Originally Posted by fortyseven
    Yes this sounds like an I/O issue. What interface are you using?
    Could you clarify that?

Powerhouse Mega Member
    Liked
    1 times

It seems that ACID is getting confused as to where to listen for incoming and outgoing signals. You can set this in the audio device preferences and your interface (if you're using one) should be available in the drop-down list.
    An interface is the device plugged into your computer by either firewire or usb and is sometimes referred to as a soundcard. If you are not using one of these and are using the onboard soundcard, then you need to either click on the little speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen or you need to go to the control panel and configure the settings there.

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Originally Posted by fortyseven
    It seems that ACID is getting confused as to where to listen for incoming and outgoing signals. You can set this in the audio device preferences and your interface (if you're using one) should be available in the drop-down list.
    An interface is the device plugged into your computer by either firewire or usb and is sometimes referred to as a soundcard. If you are not using one of these and are using the onboard soundcard, then you need to either click on the little speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen or you need to go to the control panel and configure the settings there.
    I looked everywhere and i can't find the control panel. I looked in the actual program and on the computer but it doesn't show anything. I'm using a USB microphone.

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

shut down acid, try double clicking on your computers volume control. You should now have a mixer like window displayed. select the options menu and select properties. In the top section select recording, and the bottom section make sure mic is selectd (more than one item can be selected). then click ok. You should now have a recording control window. Choose the mic as your recording source by selecting the checkbox and close the window.Try recording with acid again. All should be well. Note. This is a rough guide your sound card mixing window may differ slightly but basically the same process.
    Last edited by muffinguy; 11-20-2009 at 06:58 PM.