Question Beginner Acid 7 Pro Questions

Hello,

This is my set up

A Shure SM-57 mic
    An Emu 0202 USB 2.0 Audio Interface
    Sony Acid 7 Pro

I connect the mic to the interface via XLR. I connect the interface to my computer via USB.

1) When I try to make recording in Acid 7 Pro, the recording only records and plays back in the left channel. I have tried toggling the mono/stereo setting on my interface, but that does nothing. How do I make the sound record and play back through both channels?

2) How to I adjust the EQ of my recordings? I simply want to bass up the recording and adjust the treble to make it sound better.

Once again, I am new at this, so step up step instructions for both questions would be great.

Thank you!

smaan

2. join Join! It's free! Each month one member will receive 2 $50 Overkill XLR Cables.
    Not enough? 37 Reasons To Join RecordingReview.com
    Blog Entries

Re: Beginner Acid 7 Pro Questions

when you create a new track in acid, make sure it's a mono track, not stereo... also, what happens when you play some of the loops in acid?

Originally Posted by bholst
    when you create a new track in acid, make sure it's a mono track, not stereo... also, what happens when you play some of the loops in acid?
    Thank you for responding. That makes sense, but how exactly do I change it from stereo to mono?

Thanks!

smaan

Originally Posted by smaan
    Thank you for responding. That makes sense, but how exactly do I change it from stereo to mono?

Thanks!

smaan
    Hi there! When you create a new audio track, I expand the track view so I can see the volume, pan levels and the input path. If you click the "input" button you should see either Mono or Stereo, put your mouse over the Mono and you should then see a pop up window that shows all your available ports. Select the port you have your mic connected to and that's your mono signal you should hear it out of both speakers. If you want to listen to it stereo, I like to record the mono track then right click - duplicate then hard pan track 1 left and track 2 right to give it that "stereo" fill.

Hope this helps!
    Long Cain Studio
    Lagrange, GA

Behringer
    Shure
    Alesis
    Samson
    Focusrite Saffire
    Tama
    Korg
    CAD
    AKG