Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Open Source Music Software

Anyone can create music as far as everyone is concerned. I can show some examples.

Audacity is the software i use on my pc, and so far i have done;

Crazy Frog Vs. Dj Sammy
    Crazy Frog Vs. Dido
    Benny Banassi Vs. Bodyrockers

And my pc specs will amaze you.

0.4GHZ
    192mb RAM
    Xp Professional

Last reformat was 13 months ago, and i do not plan to reformat any time soon?

My question and purpose of this thread was to ask if there was any other open source of free audio generating software.
    http://pcwebtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=37<br />Click above to download PWT magazine!

Gold-Plated Member
    Liked
    3 times

Default Re: Open Source Music Software

Wait, you have a 400 Mhz computer that runs XP?????????

-Tyler
    "Hence it comes that all armed prophets have been victorious, and all unarmed prophets have been destroyed."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Supreme Overlord Commander
    Pissed Off At High End Gear
    Blog Entries
    Liked
    5321 times

I had an old 550 Mhz that blew away the two 1.5Ghz systems I compared it to. It ran XP flawlessly.

Brandon

Bronze-Plated Member
    Liked
    0 times

My question and purpose of this thread was to ask if there was any other open source of free audio generating software.
    I don't know if I read it on this forum or another one, but there is stuff out there just for Linux that looks good, maybe even better then Audacity.
    Pine Street Studios Equipment http://mysite.verizon.net/resq6asf/id2.html

Bronze-Plated Member
    Liked
    0 times

Originally Posted by TAlderson
    Wait, you have a 400 Mhz computer that runs XP?????????

-Tyler
    I put XP Home Ed. on a 400MHz AMD K6 II a couple of years ago, and a 600Mhz AMD and 750Mhz AMD systems. It's the RAM, Tyler, it takes minimum of 128 to even get past the install of XP as I recall, otherwise it works, I'll say that much.

I am not aware of any "fully Functional" freeware other than Audacity but I am sure there is some. Sony has ACID EXPRESS which is a free download but with limited function, limit on length of tracks and number of tracks. I just use it to arrange loops for studying guitar riffs- bottleneck slide stuff.

In FACT, I have to get busy with that, AND clean my place up so I can set up my studio, and then HIBERNATE until summer and focus on music again rather than ranting on the web

Phangeaux

Phangeaux
    Phangeaux

Gold-Plated Member
    Liked
    3 times

Yeah, but I had a computer with 1 GB ram, and it ran XP really really badly, it was 350 Mhz. My dad wanted to salvage his old computer, so I put more RAM in. Still didn't work with 1 GB RAM.

-Tyler
    "Hence it comes that all armed prophets have been victorious, and all unarmed prophets have been destroyed."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Silver-Plated Member
    Liked
    0 times

Audacity is one of the best out there and they just released a new version of it!

another one is Kristal which you can find through a google search...

Kristal is nice and it has a nice pretty GUI with it but also works with VST plugins as well, while Audacity suports VST it does not let you see the GUI of the VST. the thing with kristal is last i knew you could only get 16 tracks on it... and no midi as yet but that will come later. on Linux you have a lot of stuff!

Rose Garden is a lot like Cubase and its free!

Ardour is getting called "the pro tools of the open source Linux DAW software" i know that they have more stuff out there also but i am not able to think of any names right now.
    &quot;Pro Audio is but one tiny cell of a fungus on a short hair of a flea&quot;<br /><br />George Massenburg

Liked
    464 times

My PentiumMMX (that's pentium 1) 266Mhz ran Cubase VST 3.7 on Windows 95 really well. Never crashed, never formatted (this should never be necessary in my view). I got 16 tracks of audio with numerous plugins. Wrote some of my best stuff on that system.

R.