Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Need Help How To Connect Mixer,pre Amp Etc ??????...

HI EVERYONE I AM NEW AT THES STUFF HOME STUDIO THING AND ITS RELLY CONFFUSING ME GETTIN THES STUFF ALL TOGETHER THE WAY THEY SUPPOST TO BE BUT I CAME HERE TO ASK ANYONES HELP I WOULD RELLY APPRECIATE THAT IF SOMEONE TELLS ME HOW TO DO IT AND IM GONA WRITE DOWN WUT I HAVE...

1.Behringer Eurorack UB2222FX Pro Mixer
    2.Art Pre amp Por Channel
    3.E-MU 0404 PCI Digital Audio Recording System Sound CARD

If enyone can tell me how to complet them together which one goes with which one, were or what too do what kind of cables do i need to get all of em together and all that stuff if someone have the time to tell me pleaze i would appreciate that help a lot cuz im relly tyred of this can't have one thing they way it suppost to be and i wana get it straight once and for all well ill be back later on peac yall..

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Need Help How To Connect Mixer,pre Amp Etc ??????...

I am still new at this but have done a lot of research to get here! I have been involved with the home studio for about a year now. Started out only using a 4-track cassette recorder, then upgraded to a 10-channel mixer w/ effects with using the 4-track. Recently, retired the 4-track recorder and the mixer and upgraded to the Fire Pod 10 and a fast PC.

There is a lot to understand to run your equipment right.

All have factors:
    *PC capability (processor speed)

*Software Type Used (Cubase,Logic,Cakewalk, etc...)That will communicate with the Audio interface without any issues and a good understanding how to navigate through the sequencer.

*Audio Interface (how many ins & outs) knowing how to set the levels properly. Micing a drum kit, guitar, bass, will need knowledge of the concept.

*Mics used

* Depending on the type of music you plan on recording and the room you record in, will effect the whole recording unless you close mic everything!

* What’s your expectations? - Do what to record for others or just for your self-listening?

There is more to know but this will get you started!
    Take your time to known the product you have and the many different way to use it.

I have the Fire Pod 10 w/ Cubase LE and a Dual Core processor computer, I record my Drum Kit using only this set up. (real happy with the results, but finalizing the music is another learning curve for me)

Hope this helps gives you a mindset of what to know!

Rick

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Proud nd Loud thanks a lot for u reply man i appreciate that but the problem i have iz how to put them together like how do they go like hookin them up like mixer whith Pre amp or mixer whith sound card i mean like where the cables relly suppost to be at all i want its to make thes 3 things compet so i can start recording tracks and by the way i use Cool Edit Pro 2.1

Silver-Plated Member
    Liked
    0 times

well we dont know a whole lot about your setup other than your equipment, but Ill take a guess.

if you are going to be recording multiple sources or mics at the same time, then you may need the mixer. if not, forget it. your sequencer should have its own mixer. the preamp will connect to the soundcard with XLRs or TRS. we dont know if your preamp or soundcard has digital I/O, if so then use those instead. thats about it.

Supreme Overlord Commander
    Pissed Off At High End Gear
    Blog Entries
    Liked
    5026 times

Hey Johnny_PR.

It sounds like you have all the tools to get the job done. Your chain should go like this:
    Mic > Preamp > Audio Interface / Soundcard

The specific cables depend the specific gear used. It should be fairly straight forward when you look at the gear. Don't be afraid of the gear. It's not going to bite. You are not going to break it and it's not going to hurt you (unless you throw it into the bathtub while bathing).

Brandon

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

hello community