amd processor

hi u guys, i just want to 'inform';
    if anyone want to start, or just want to shift your rig, this is my advice, AMD processor is a dangerous bet. i dont know maybe i'm wrong. i have this old soundcard, egosystem U24, its crackle pop and distort with my compaq running AMD. then i buy line 6 pod studio ux1, its the same. i ask comunity at line 6 but all seem give up. and line 6 even 'silent' bout it. BUT, please help if u guys out there have pacth or something.

2. join Join! It's free! Each month one member will receive 2 $50 Overkill XLR Cables.
    Not enough? 37 Reasons To Join RecordingReview.com

Re: amd processor

I have an AMD processor (as do many), and my set up works fine. sounds like a user error here (99% of the time it is). I had a ux2 with my intel dual core and I got a ton of cracks and pops, but when I calibrated the computer everything worked fine. are you using vista? vista doesn't work to well with a lot of applications imoe.

Yep vista. The prob is, i cant try to use xp cos, my laptop is built in vista. I do format with expert last month downgrade to xp but, no sound cos no driver for xp for this laptop. What do u mean by calibrate?

Originally Posted by Holeorigin
    Yep vista. The prob is, i cant try to use xp cos, my laptop is built in vista. I do format with expert last month downgrade to xp but, no sound cos no driver for xp for this laptop. What do u mean by calibrate?
    I was running a ux2 (similar to your ux1), and I just set vista's control options to run in the most efficient mode possible. You can also play with your latency buffer settings. If this doesn't work out you can always upgrade to windows 7, I hear it runs a lot smoother with programs in general.
    Last edited by cky751; 02-21-2010 at 05:13 AM.

so how u 'set vista's control options to run in the most efficient mode possible'?
    here's my spec: AMD Turion X@ Dual Core Mobile RM-72 running window vista ultimate SP2

just go to your control panel and there is an option to set it at maximum performance. after that things may not look as pretty, but it gets the job done

You may want to check to see if you have a deferred procedure call by a driver causing a problem. This utility can help, but you will have to follow the instructions on how to track down the offending application.

DPC Latency Checker

I've used this several time and it's helped me quite a bit.

You can also set the processor scheduling (as suggested above I believe) to background. Also the processor affinity. Make sure your program uses both cores of the cpu.
    Pre Lit '74 Takamine F-450s, '62 D-28
    Studio Projects C3 V2, AKG D-19e's, EV's
    KRK Rokit 6 G2
    Cheap Soundcraft/Tascam
    Gigabyte w/AMD Dual Core X2 Black edition 4gb
    Assorted guitars and junk...
    Reaper 3.73, 4.xx

Thread Info