Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greenland
    Posts
    533
    High End Gear Lover
    Liked
    170 times

    Question Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Hey All,
    I've been following along this forum for some months now and have the pleasure of owning and reading KHR. I really enjoy reading the blogs posted here by everyone, and like how Brandon refers to his own recording sessions as examples of what he feels gets results or what doesn't.

    So where are these recordings? The bands must have them online somewhere. I'd find it interesting to follow along in what Brandon produces, what bands he's recorded etc. so I can mentally connect a sound to his blogs/comments. I've searched around a bit but can't find anything.

    Brandon, do you have a thread posting links to the artists you've produced?

    *edit*
    Just want to clarify that I'd like to hear what he's producing, not because I want to know if the guy is legit and whether I should accept his recording advice, but simply because I am interested to hear what he is doing studio/recording/mixing wise.
    Last edited by intalik; 03-25-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    DLChuckles likes this.
    MacMini 2.3Ghz i5 | MacBook 2.4Ghz
    ProTools 10 | Logic 9 | Ableton Live 9
    Mbox 2 | T.C. Electronics Gold Channel
    Yamaha HS80M's | Sony MDR-7506

    Blog & Music Here www.intalik.co

  2. #2
    DLChuckles's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    1,521
    Liked
    347 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    There was a page with an audio player that had some of his stuff, but I forget where. I think that stuff is somewhat old at this point anyway (3 years?).

    I second the motion, though. If we're gonna be taking advice from someone on such a regular basis, it would be nice to have a bit easier access to hearing his results with those tips/tricks/philosophies.

    I've actually been looking for the jetface stuff for a while. I just want to have it on my ipod or something. the only stuff I can find from them is the 2 songs from the contests. I guess they're waiting to release they're stuff?

    oh yeah, I also want to see what brandon's studio looks like. I just want to see what the supreme overlord commander is working with. Give us pictures!
    Signature

  3. #3
    acidfrost's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,617
    Couldn't Care Less About Gear
    Liked
    424 times

    Default

    Same here! Reading through KHR makes me want to hear everything he talks about!

  4. #4
    willj's Avatar
    Fighter Pilot-Caliber Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    4,566
    High End Gear Lover
    Liked
    922 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    I disagree actually. Brandon doesnt work with world class musicians with world class sounds.His claim to fame is NOT that hes producing world class sounding albums, (the standard he'd obviosly be judged against) but more trying to help people get the most out of what little they have.

    If his recordings suck would you stop listening to what he has to say? I dont think he has to prove anything to anybody, nor do i think its right to call his skills out. Brandon has beat his head against the wall on a number of situations, so home recorders dont have to. Is he right 100% of the time? Who is?

    There are hundreds of people here to take advice from. if Brandon makes any major blunders somebody will help correct it. Would you want to hear their recordings too before taking their advice? Just some stuff to consider.
    richiebee, dizzydog and danmanisa like this.

  5. #5
    garageband's Avatar
    Old Astronaut Caliber Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hoosierland
    Posts
    13,015
    Couldn't Care Less About Gear
    Blog Entries
    8
    Liked
    3104 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Although Will kinda beat me to it, I'm going to write what I was going write.

    I've never understood the need to hear a professor's work. The stated reason is often to "hear concrete examples of what they're talking about" seems specious. When I listen to someone, I feel fully competent to find examples to apply their ideas to and test them out. Evaluating ideas based on the merits of the work of their author is to confer importance to the irrelevant. Capable, successful people have ridiculous crackpot notions. Schizophrenic homeless people can articulate brilliant insights. To me, an idea's provenance is independent of its potential value.

    I had a trombone teacher for about a year and a half and I'm fairly certain I only actually heard him put his horn to his lips once. I learned plenty from that guy. I also never had the urge to hear his playing. It didn't bother me at all because, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how he plays, it matters how I play.
    wannaknow likes this.
    "Well, if music's gonna move me, it's gotta be action packed!" - Johnny Dollar


    Bradner Street Recording

  6. #6
    the evil's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Posts
    1,351
    Liked
    396 times

    Default

    Yes in this sense brandon is a coach of sorts. And there are some coachs out there that were at one time star athletes in the sport that they now teach. there are also a lot of overweight dudes as well with absolutely no athletic ability that seem to get the job done.

    So thanks brandon for being that overweight nonathletic type!....

  7. #7
    Stan_Halen's Avatar
    Astronaut-Caliber Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,654
    Liked
    2388 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Originally Posted by the evil
    Yes in this sense brandon is a coach of sorts. And there are some coachs out there that were at one time star athletes in the sport that they now teach. there are also a lot of overweight dudes as well with absolutely no athletic ability that seem to get the job done.

    So thanks brandon for being that overweight nonathletic type!....
    Oh snap! Yes I myself have been wondering why we don't have audio samples on occasion from the Supreme Overlord Commander. Hitler himself gave radio speeches up until the very end of the Third Reich!

    And whatever happened to the Interrogator Sessions? It's like the Bermuda Triangle ...

  8. #8
    Jeronimo Mora's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    1,551
    Couldn't Care Less About Gear
    Blog Entries
    2
    Liked
    513 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    My 2 cents:

    I still think it would be cool to hear Brandon's work. Most of us have heard each other's mixes and I think it would be the kind of a "communal experience" let's say. Brandon has proven he is very knowledgeable and has helped me a lot. I just wanna hear his work for the sake of hearing his work. My opinion and respect won't change.
    DLChuckles and intalik like this.

  9. #9
    Jeronimo Mora's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    1,551
    Couldn't Care Less About Gear
    Blog Entries
    2
    Liked
    513 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    My 2 cents:

    I still think it would be cool to hear Brandon's work. Most of us have heard each other's mixes and I think it would be the kind of a "communal experience" let's say. Brandon has proven he is very knowledgeable and has helped me a lot. I just wanna hear his work for the sake of hearing his work. My opinion and respect won't change.

  10. #10
    DLChuckles's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    1,521
    Liked
    347 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    OK those are good points about the advice thing. I would still love to hear what he does and see his place, if for nothing else than curiosity.
    Signature

  11. #11
    Big Al Rocks's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,092
    Liked
    445 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Originally Posted by willj
    I disagree actually. Brandon doesn't work with world class musicians with world class sounds. His claim to fame is NOT that hes producing world class sounding albums, (the standard he'd obviously be judged against) but more trying to help people get the most out of what little they have.
    Personally, I WOULD NOT hold his "bad sessions" against him. We have all polished turds and rolled them in glitter. No reason to hold one or two bad session as the standard for someone who obviously knows his ass from a hole in the ground. my 2¢!

    MY BASIC SETUP: 2006 MacBook, 2GB RAM, 2GHz Dual Core CPU + Cubase LE5 + Presonus Firepod

    Originally Posted by jaystar
    Being a dick doesn't make you a great engineer. It just makes you, well, a dick.

  12. #12
    willj's Avatar
    Fighter Pilot-Caliber Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    4,566
    High End Gear Lover
    Liked
    922 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Personally, I WOULD NOT hold his "bad sessions" against him. We have all polished turds and rolled them in glitter. No reason to hold one or two bad session as the standard for someone who obviously knows his ass from a hole in the ground. my 2¢!
    Turds rolled in glitter........hmmmm not the mental image i hoped to start my day with

    Im sure Brandons isnt worried about what anybody else thinks. With his sense of humor i could see him posting the worst track hes ever done.

    Slice the pie any way you like to have it, but all it looks like is a long line of people waiting to judge him. It embarassing actually. I guess it goes with the territory, but theres just something about this that feels wrong to me. Thats my 12cents and thats all ya get coz its all i got.
    dizzydog and bobbybovine like this.

  13. #13
    EnSkorSang's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,336
    Liked
    268 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    I'd like to hear Brandons work too . I'd like to know what style of music he is working with, what style of production he...produces.
    A lot of tips/tricks/techniques/suggestions/comments/stories about experiences can be very genre or 'style' related....e.g. I doubt Dave Pensado would ever be consider to mix a Band of Horses album or Bob Dylan (if he was young and good still :P) album for example. That doesnt mean he isnt a quality mixer.

  14. #14
    brandondrury's Avatar
    Supreme Overlord Commander
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scott City, Missouri
    Posts
    34,847
    Pissed Off At High End Gear
    Blog Entries
    33
    Liked
    5126 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Alright fuckers. I'll post something.

    The reason I don't post anything is fairly simple.

    1) Some people expect my mixes to end world hunger. No, I'm just a shithead like everyone else.

    2) On today's article Cocky Asshole Mixers And Why You Must Be One I've concluded that if a person isn't a cock prick they are severely inhibited in their mixes IMO. The truth is a struggle with that shit more than anyone. I've watched many PBS Frontline episodes (hard hitting but slightly leftist in an acceptable way documentary series). They've covered the 08 bailout in depth. One thing they like to say when referring to these CEOs that bet the farm, lost, and then "won" was "they aren't introspective". Unfortunately, I am. I sit around and think of embarrassing screw ups from 8th grade. When I post a mix and get hammered, I take this stuff harder that probably 99% of the population because I know they are right.

    3) I've recorded singers who need zero EQ and sound pretty much pro from the start. What about the singers who have peaks at 224, 330, 550, and 1.2k? The multiband will collect over time on them. Do I post this? Is my blog on mixing confidence or pretend mastering less because I got handled tracks that are less awesome than I'd prefer?

    Either way, I'll have my mix for the Slate Digital Cup: April finished today. I'll post that so you can hear something in which we all have access to the tracks.

    I do need to update my portfolio as most of the crap I have up now is 5 years old.

    Brandon

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greenland
    Posts
    533
    High End Gear Lover
    Liked
    170 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Originally Posted by brandondrury
    When I post a mix and get hammered, I take this stuff harder that probably 99% of the population because I know they are right.
    Well, if you've tried this before on your forum and people ran after you with pitchforks and burning torches, I don't expect you post a list of "the favorite mixes I've ever made".

    I just thought there might be a hidden away Brandon Drury producer website with sound clips of bands youve recorded over time that I didn't know about. Kind of like a trophy website or something.

    Anyways. Killer Home Recording is awesome and so are those XLR cables, (killer cables? deathkiller cables? megakill cables?). Thanks for putting the time into it for rest of us.

    hmm, overkill cables i think they're called.
    MacMini 2.3Ghz i5 | MacBook 2.4Ghz
    ProTools 10 | Logic 9 | Ableton Live 9
    Mbox 2 | T.C. Electronics Gold Channel
    Yamaha HS80M's | Sony MDR-7506

    Blog & Music Here www.intalik.co

  16. #16
    Stan_Halen's Avatar
    Astronaut-Caliber Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,654
    Liked
    2388 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Originally Posted by brandondrury
    When I post a mix and get hammered, I take this stuff harder that probably 99% of the population because I know they are right.

    Either way, I'll have my mix for the Slate Digital Cup: April finished today. I'll post that so you can hear something in which we all have access to the tracks.
    Brandon - I saw you're Slate Digital Cup: April mix the other day when you posted it, and I listened to it. It gave me a w-a-r-m feeling inside. Thank you. It just made everything more real to me, from having read so many of your rants and opinions about mixing or anything else. It made the blood, sweat, and tears more real, and I think it just underscores your "one of the guys" status. You're no longer on a pedestal, you're in the mosh pit! But that's how it should be. Kind of like when I discovered Dave Pensado's show, and I thought "that is so cool, I'm going to watch this expert". So then Dave admits "I struggle with understanding that compression thing", and the guy instantly became my hero because he was willing to risk saying that. A hero is much better than an expert any day!

    Thanks for being a hero!
    brandondrury and clarity like this.

  17. #17
    EnSkorSang's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,336
    Liked
    268 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Originally Posted by intalik
    Well, if you've tried this before on your forum and people ran after you with pitchforks and burning torches, I don't expect you post a list of "the favorite mixes I've ever made".

    I just thought there might be a hidden away Brandon Drury producer website with sound clips of bands youve recorded over time that I didn't know about. Kind of like a trophy website or something.

    Anyways. Killer Home Recording is awesome and so are those XLR cables, (killer cables? deathkiller cables? megakill cables?). Thanks for putting the time into it for rest of us.

    hmm, overkill cables i think they're called.
    I always thought there must be some website advertising the studio, but never found it :P

  18. #18
    acidfrost's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,617
    Couldn't Care Less About Gear
    Liked
    424 times

    Default

    The only thing I found is the name of the studio: echo echo studios. Also found a blog with like 5 posts but nothing studio related

  19. #19
    brandondrury's Avatar
    Supreme Overlord Commander
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scott City, Missouri
    Posts
    34,847
    Pissed Off At High End Gear
    Blog Entries
    33
    Liked
    5126 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    I took the studio website down because it was bringing in too much business. That sounds like a good problem to have, but it would have meant a pay cut, a quality-of-life cut, and a cut in RecordingReview time. For anyone who doesn't understand this, all you need to do is record one band with music you don't even understand for 21 straight days while your garden, yard, relationships, and life go neglected. The idea is have a steady stream of work, have time to relax once a blue moon, and live life a little bit.

    I've stayed busy without the website. I guess I could have just jacked my rates way up, but I could never justify charging high fees for new clients and then giving the bands I wanted to work with a hyper discount. I have done some of that in the past in that "Return Customer Bargain" kind of way, but the level in which I would want to repel new clients would be excessive.

    I realize this is a strange business move. JUST hiring an employee would solve most of it, but this necessitates a new facility for several reasons. It's all complex bullshit. The short answer is I don't have time to answer 5 leads a day. I REALLY wish I had an assistant who could handle most tracking and some mixing in a studio away from my house. That would be optimum.

    You're no longer on a pedestal, you're in the mosh pit!
    When I started RecordingReview I had only been recording 4 years. Granted, I had been recording A LOT, but that doesn't mean I was any good at it. I didn't necessarily start RR because I was good at recording. I started it because no one else at the time was catering to serious new guys in recording land and a lot of the info out there at the time was either for people with $99 or $99,000. You couldn't find any context to the information. I had a certain perspective and knew a few things. I figured I could help.

    Somewhere in there, the fact that I wrote so many articles or threw some contests at times implied some kind of "pedestal" thing. (One guy asked if I had any gold records. I laughed and emailed my friends. I never figured out why he got that idea.) That wasn't ever what I intended as I don't ever feel comfortable on pedestals unless I'm citing a riot. Even with KHR, it was always supposed to be what you'd want to tell yourself 10 years later kind of thing. It was never "The Pro's Secrets". (I have that DVD, I didn't learn much.)

    I've struggled A LOT with this implied pedestal business because there's no reason to put my work on a pedestal. I've kinda struggled to play catch up a bit and I can't say that's really worked, either. It's like, "Oh shit. They liked my article on patchbays. I had better learn how to REALLY mix." I'd truly love to just be the guy up the road who's been doing this 2001 who likes to give help. That would take a lot of burden off of me.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,371
    Blog Entries
    4
    Liked
    2044 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Originally Posted by brandondrury
    I'd truly love to just be the guy up the road who's been doing this 2001 who likes to give help. That would take a lot of burden off of me.
    That's actually what attracted me to this forum. A nuts and bolts guy like me that does everything on his own. I figured people like that would be able to tell me the "what not to do" stuff which would save me time, since I am almost an old fuck. So far that "has" been the case and I am grateful for all everyone that has offered their opinion. I don't think I would be hanging around here if I was being told what to do. I was surprised when you mentioned the other day that the site has 80,000 members. There are an aweful lot of watchers out there.
    Jeronimo Mora, intalik and clarity like this.
    "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" -John Lennon

    www.rezonancestudios.com

  21. #21
    brandondrury's Avatar
    Supreme Overlord Commander
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scott City, Missouri
    Posts
    34,847
    Pissed Off At High End Gear
    Blog Entries
    33
    Liked
    5126 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    There are an aweful lot of watchers out there.
    The site, much by design, does attract a lot of new guys/gals to home recording. We all know how difficult it is to play an instrument well and all probably have 15 friends who bought a guitar and never got past the G chord. As hard as guitar playing as that is, I'd imagine the number of people who decided to record music because "it's fun" had no idea they'd get into this:

    Well damn it. I wanted to post a video clip from Youtube of the cartoon Heathcliff getting into a fight. I don't see one readily available. Oh well.

    Anyhow, I do expect a lot of the casualties to be due to the nature of the craft. I also expect that quite a few more are put off by the nature of the site. You don't do well here if you just post random, unsubstantiated claims. The empiricism threshold is a bit higher here. Time travel threads take off, for example. That's gonna weed out all those people who email me and tell me to commit suicide because I recommend passive pickups for Megadeth guitar tone. (A rather obvious claim based on my experiences.)

    That widdles it down to people who can think and have enough self-confidence / self-respect to treat people like humans and not screw them over to promote their Fickle Emotional Theme of The Week. I'm sure I've ran off way too many of these good guys/gals with one mistake or another. So here we are. I'm still looking for "the code" of community building and that's something I probably should put more effort into.

    you're in the mosh pit!
    This has been the quote of the year for me. Thanks! I've thought about it about 50 times in the past two days. It literally solves every one of my top 5 problems in my life right now.

    Brandon

  22. #22
    Stan_Halen's Avatar
    Astronaut-Caliber Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,654
    Liked
    2388 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Originally Posted by Stan_Halen
    you're in the mosh pit!
    Originally Posted by brandondrury
    This has been the quote of the year for me. Thanks! I've thought about it about 50 times in the past two days. It literally solves every one of my top 5 problems in my life right now. Brandon
    You're welcome! So I guess that makes me a hero too.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,371
    Blog Entries
    4
    Liked
    2044 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Originally Posted by brandondrury
    The site, much by design, does attract a lot of new guys/gals to home recording. We all know how difficult it is to play an instrument well and all probably have 15 friends who bought a guitar and never got past the G chord. As hard as guitar playing as that is, I'd imagine the number of people who decided to record music because "it's fun" had no idea they'd get into this:

    Well damn it. I wanted to post a video clip from Youtube of the cartoon Heathcliff getting into a fight. I don't see one readily available. Oh well.

    Anyhow, I do expect a lot of the casualties to be due to the nature of the craft. I also expect that quite a few more are put off by the nature of the site. You don't do well here if you just post random, unsubstantiated claims. The empiricism threshold is a bit higher here. Time travel threads take off, for example. That's gonna weed out all those people who email me and tell me to commit suicide because I recommend passive pickups for Megadeth guitar tone. (A rather obvious claim based on my experiences.)

    That widdles it down to people who can think and have enough self-confidence / self-respect to treat people like humans and not screw them over to promote their Fickle Emotional Theme of The Week. I'm sure I've ran off way too many of these good guys/gals with one mistake or another. So here we are. I'm still looking for "the code" of community building and that's something I probably should put more effort into.


    This has been the quote of the year for me. Thanks! I've thought about it about 50 times in the past two days. It literally solves every one of my top 5 problems in my life right now.

    Brandon
    This site will retain those who want to learn and help others to learn. I mean its free after all, the least we can do is help someone out that asks for it. That is probably why most of the regulars here have been here for a while. Like you said, if you can't back up your claims then no one is going to take you seriously anyway. It seems to me that there is already a pretty good sense of community among most of the members here. It is good to see the new folk coming in and getting involved.
    "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" -John Lennon

    www.rezonancestudios.com

  24. #24
    EnSkorSang's Avatar
    Powerhouse Mega Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,336
    Liked
    268 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    Originally Posted by brandondrury
    I took the studio website down because it was bringing in too much business. That sounds like a good problem to have, but it would have meant a pay cut, a quality-of-life cut, and a cut in RecordingReview time. For anyone who doesn't understand this, all you need to do is record one band with music you don't even understand for 21 straight days while your garden, yard, relationships, and life go neglected. The idea is have a steady stream of work, have time to relax once a blue moon, and live life a little bit.

    I've stayed busy without the website. I guess I could have just jacked my rates way up, but I could never justify charging high fees for new clients and then giving the bands I wanted to work with a hyper discount. I have done some of that in the past in that "Return Customer Bargain" kind of way, but the level in which I would want to repel new clients would be excessive.

    I realize this is a strange business move. JUST hiring an employee would solve most of it, but this necessitates a new facility for several reasons. It's all complex bullshit. The short answer is I don't have time to answer 5 leads a day. I REALLY wish I had an assistant who could handle most tracking and some mixing in a studio away from my house. That would be optimum.


    When I started RecordingReview I had only been recording 4 years. Granted, I had been recording A LOT, but that doesn't mean I was any good at it. I didn't necessarily start RR because I was good at recording. I started it because no one else at the time was catering to serious new guys in recording land and a lot of the info out there at the time was either for people with $99 or $99,000. You couldn't find any context to the information. I had a certain perspective and knew a few things. I figured I could help.

    Somewhere in there, the fact that I wrote so many articles or threw some contests at times implied some kind of "pedestal" thing. (One guy asked if I had any gold records. I laughed and emailed my friends. I never figured out why he got that idea.) That wasn't ever what I intended as I don't ever feel comfortable on pedestals unless I'm citing a riot. Even with KHR, it was always supposed to be what you'd want to tell yourself 10 years later kind of thing. It was never "The Pro's Secrets". (I have that DVD, I didn't learn much.)

    I've struggled A LOT with this implied pedestal business because there's no reason to put my work on a pedestal. I've kinda struggled to play catch up a bit and I can't say that's really worked, either. It's like, "Oh shit. They liked my article on patchbays. I had better learn how to REALLY mix." I'd truly love to just be the guy up the road who's been doing this 2001 who likes to give help. That would take a lot of burden off of me.
    Awesome success story Too much business!
    Did you ever think about just becoming a studio 'owner' i.e. not being also the in house producer, engineer, mixer etc etc. Taking a step back a little from recording and renting out directly to producers/engineers...or maybe that would be whenever you can get the super studio?

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    5 times

    Default Re: Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes?

    I appreciate this site whether you're a master engineer or not.
    I don't know how the hell you can wear all the different hats that you do
    (recording at your home studio, maintaining this website, communicating with us forum members and all the other stuff you do).
    That kind of pace would drive me insane!

    ....I'm still interested in hearing your recordings/ mixes though.
    brandondrury likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stumbled across a handful of recordings/mixes that I did a few years ago
    By bholst in forum Recording Toys And Tactics
    Replies: 15
    Latest Jive: 08-31-2011, 07:24 PM
  2. What do you listen on?
    By tedpenn in forum Recording Toys And Tactics
    Replies: 26
    Latest Jive: 08-01-2011, 03:39 AM
  3. I can't listen to anything...
    By mdb in forum The Band Bar
    Replies: 11
    Latest Jive: 04-14-2011, 04:32 PM
  4. Listen to learn to listen
    By DanTheMan in forum Recording Toys And Tactics
    Replies: 3
    Latest Jive: 03-23-2011, 11:09 AM
  5. Hi! Please have a listen...
    By macpo in forum Bash This Recording
    Replies: 11
    Latest Jive: 02-13-2008, 04:25 PM

Thread Info

Recording Toys And Tactics Thread, Where can I listen to Brandon Drury's recordings/mixes? in Recording Engineers / Producers; Hey All, I've been following along this forum for some months now and have the pleasure of owning and reading ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •