Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Adobe Audition 3.0 Recording Problem

Hello every1 i just got my studio stuff and i have only one problem just find a recording software i just wanna test my studio that everything works or not i downloaded first cubase sx3 but i couldn't installed cause h2o i dont no what is it but anyway and then i got adobe audition 3.0 just try my stuff its works or not and when i click the record think in adobe it gives me error and its says "At least one track must be armed for recording"

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Re: Adobe Audition 3.0 Recording Problem

I use Audition 3, so I've got enough experience with it to help you. PM me with your email address and I'll send you some screenshots if that will help.

At the left side of each track is the letter "R". If you click that, then you have a track armed for recording. This is assuming that you've installed your audio interface.
    Last edited by sastowers; 12-06-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Addendum to the message

Powerhouse Mega Member
    Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Adobe Audition 3.0 Recording Problem

In any DAW you have to arm the track for recording. In other words, since there are many tracks in Audition, you need to tell your computer which one to record to. There should be a red button with an R or something which you need to click in order to eneable recording.

fxe
    Bronze-Plated Member
    Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Adobe Audition 3.0 Recording Problem

Originally Posted by fortyseven
    In any DAW you have to arm the track for recording. In other words, since there are many tracks in Audition, you need to tell your computer which one to record to. There should be a red button with an R or something which you need to click in order to eneable recording.
    this is correct and you also have to tell it which input to use from your sound card. use the mono settings you will see your available tracks listed provided you have your interface on and your interface selected in the preferences (edit/preferences) You cant arm the tracks without first doing this.

Helpful hint, if you fire up audition with your interface off, it will default to your computers onboard soundcard and it will not be happy about it. You will have to go back and reset it.