Thread: Active studio monitors
- 05-25-2008, 05:38 AM #1Brand New Member
- Join Date
- May 2008
- 0 times
Active studio monitors
I've just bought a Tapco 24 bit USB audio interface but haven't got any active studio monitors. Is there any way that I can use an old stereo amp and a pair of old stereo speakers to do the job? What about wiring of the cables etc?
Your help would be appreciated.
- 05-25-2008, 10:00 AM #2
Re: Active studio monitors
Most experts will tell you to spend as much as you can afford on your monitoring - those "old stereo speakers" are highly unlikely to do the job.
- 05-26-2008, 08:21 PM #3
Re: Active studio monitorsIs there any way that I can use an old stereo amp and a pair of old stereo speakers to do the job?
From there it's just an issue of getting the cables right. Your audio interface probably has 1/4" outs. You need (2) 1/4" mono to RCA adapters (I'm assuming your home stereo rig uses RCA inputs). That should do it.
- has no influence
- on advertisings
- that are displayed by
- Google Adsense
- By wilsonej30 in forum Recording Toys And TacticsReplies: 5Latest Jive: 01-04-2011, 09:42 AM
- By KerrioBrown in forum Recording Toys And TacticsReplies: 1Latest Jive: 04-02-2010, 07:25 PM
- By jcaverso in forum Recording Toys And TacticsReplies: 12Latest Jive: 11-17-2009, 02:16 AM
- By ap1325 in forum Fixing GearReplies: 6Latest Jive: 07-09-2009, 03:05 AM
- By tangucho in forum Recording Toys And TacticsReplies: 2Latest Jive: 06-03-2009, 11:26 PM