Thread: No sound from cubase
- 09-27-2007, 07:03 AM #1Brand New Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
- 0 times
No sound from cubase
Background System Info:
I have a M-Audio Delta 1010LT soundcard.
A 2.6 ghz Core 2 Duo Processor and 4 GB of ram.
I have a very small Behringer Eurorack UB1002 mixer.
I have a M-Audio Axiom 25 midi controller.
I am running my microphone to the "Line 1" plug to my mixer. And then, I am running RCA wires from the "Tape Out" plugs (L and R) on my mixer to the analog "input" plugs on my Delta 1010LT soundcard. With this setup, I can send my vocals to Cubase and create audio tracks.
Additionally, I am running RCA wires from my soundcard's "output" plugs into the "Tape in" plugs on my mixer. I, then can plug headphones into my mixer so that I can monitor the vocals that I send into Cubase at real time.
I can hear my vocals when I am monitoring what I send into the program, but when I press play to hear what I have recorded, I hear nothing. Also, I plugged my midi controller (Axiom 25) directly into my soundcard using midi cables (from the midi controller's "output" to the soundcard's midi "input"). I can create midi tracks and I can actually see the steps that are being created, but when I press play to hear what I have recorded, I hear nothing.
I cannot hear anything from this program and I know I am missing some components.
Please recommend how I can fix my setup so that I can hear what I am recording.
Please advise as to what products I need to buy (such as monitors, power amps, etc) so that I can have the correct home studio setup without any drawbacks and what additional equipment I need to add just to have a basic studio to learn and practice from.
I thank every member for his or her time and effort in this situation and all input is greatly appreciated.
- 09-27-2007, 11:38 AM #2
Re: No sound from cubase
2) Make sure your recording software is using the Delta 1010LT as the output. Maybe try using the stock soundcard at first just to make sure that it's not your recording software.
3) Make sure you mixer isn't the problem. Maybe the Tape In has a switch or something.
- 09-27-2007, 11:39 AM #3
Re: No sound from cubase
- By gordy01 in forum CubaseReplies: 2Latest Jive: 07-11-2011, 04:13 AM
- By Morninggloryseed in forum CubaseReplies: 11Latest Jive: 08-08-2009, 07:27 AM
- By bryanshreds in forum CubaseReplies: 1Latest Jive: 03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
- By bryanshreds in forum Fixing GearReplies: 0Latest Jive: 03-24-2009, 07:50 AM
- By stipple in forum CubaseReplies: 3Latest Jive: 09-25-2008, 02:58 PM