HALionOne plug-in missing

HALionOne plug-in missing

Hi

I've just installed a brand new version of Cubase 4.1 but when I look at the VSTIs it tells me that the HalionOne plug-in is missing. Does anyone know what I need to do about this?

Pat

2. join Win $100 In Mic Cables! Join Today! Join! It's free!
    Pissed Off At High End Gear
    Blog Entries

Re: HALionOne plug-in missing

In Cubase SX3, this is the place to fix it:

Devices > Plugin Information

You can reset this setting it will often help Cubase find the plugin when restarting the Cubase.

Brandon

Thanks for that Brandon. I've had to contact Arbiter about the problem - Halion isn't even visible in the plug-ins. I've lost count of how many times I've uninstalled and reinstalled Cubase, with no success, so the chap at Arbiter said he'd send me another CD.

Junk Gear Lover

I was just cleaning up some VST's and I noticed that the Halion folder was empty. (I have never tried to opend it since installing Cubase LE4.) I thought that was curious and a little later I accidentally stumbled over the Halion dll.

Program Files> Common Files> Steinberg> VST2> Halion dll. etc.

So I guess I'll try to open it next time I'm in CUbase but they must have put it there for a reason? Check it out.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me. After a great deal of frustration I contacted Arbiter who sent me a replacement CD, which installed both Cubase and HALionOne with no problems. HALionOne was missing from both the original CD and the replacement that was sent to me by the dealer. Good start eh!

Thanks again

Pat

Originally Posted by Electriclight
    I was just cleaning up some VST's and I noticed that the Halion folder was empty. (I have never tried to opend it since installing Cubase LE4.) I thought that was curious and a little later I accidentally stumbled over the Halion dll.

Program Files> Common Files> Steinberg> VST2> Halion dll. etc.

So I guess I'll try to open it next time I'm in CUbase but they must have put it there for a reason? Check it out.
    Hi There,

Am new to the site and am very grateful to have found other Cubase LE 4 users. Have a problem with the HaALionOne plug in as well. I was all set up, with my macbookpro 10.4.11 tiger, presonus firepod, axiom 61, and korg pa50 and was able to work with the vst instruments. I unplugged everything, took my gear to a recording studio, and the engineer plugged my stuff into their system to upload the song I was working on and he was using a full cubase program (OS 9.2, I believe). After the session was over, and I set back up where I am staying, when I opened the VST instruments, there was nothing in the HALionOne page. Clicked on the small box at the top of the HAlionOne screen and all it offered me instead of a drop down menu of instruments was three choices, being "load presets" and "save presets", and "import FXP/FXB. Clicked on them and still no instruments appeared. I have updated the cubase le 4 program from the cubase website and that helped fix a few other problems that seem to have arisen from the studio session, but my HALioneOne is still empty. Can't reload myy cubase le 4 program as it is at home (many hours from the studio that I am working with). Can Anyone offer any suggestion? Thanks, Meadowlark.
    Last edited by Meadowlark; 05-29-2008 at 08:57 AM.

for some reason the dll file for halion gets taken out when you update the software. the folders are still there but no library file
    i have heard if you try to reinstall the software it will give you back the halion
    but i don't want to mess around with the licensing shit!!

Originally Posted by maestoso
    for some reason the dll file for halion gets taken out when you update the software. the folders are still there but no library file
    i have heard if you try to reinstall the software it will give you back the halion
    but i don't want to mess around with the licensing shit!!
    Hello Maestoso,

Thank you for your quick reply. I wish I had the software with me but it is at home many hours away from where I am working and I am here for another almost two weeks. Hope I can find another solution for now. Thanks, Meadowlark.

When you try the load presets option a box should pop up. That box is likely empty. There should be an option to show folder locations - see if you can find the Halion One Folder. Then play with the checkboxes by each folder to get the software to prompt you to keep or dump the folder. Select keep. I can't remember the exact steps and my SW is at home right now, so I'm not 100% on the steps. I just went through this last night.
    Also, there doesn't appear to be any .dll for Halion One like there are for VST effects plug ins. They have preset sets. On the install, these went to the Documents and Settings folders/common settings/Halion One or something similar. See if you can add a VST path via VST instrument setup to that folder once you find it (if it is there)

I'll see what I can find out more tonight. Either way, let us know.

Originally Posted by uab9253
    When you try the load presets option a box should pop up. That box is likely empty. There should be an option to show folder locations - see if you can find the Halion One Folder. Then play with the checkboxes by each folder to get the software to prompt you to keep or dump the folder. Select keep. I can't remember the exact steps and my SW is at home right now, so I'm not 100% on the steps. I just went through this last night.
    Also, there doesn't appear to be any .dll for Halion One like there are for VST effects plug ins. They have preset sets. On the install, these went to the Documents and Settings folders/common settings/Halion One or something similar. See if you can add a VST path via VST instrument setup to that folder once you find it (if it is there)

I'll see what I can find out more tonight. Either way, let us know.
    Thanks I'll give it a try. Meadowlark

[QUOTE=Meadowlark;45076]Thanks I'll give it a try. Meadowlark[/QUOTE

Looks like that might work. Thanks again. Also am trying to load a zip file from samplerbank.com with HALionOne 3 on it but my mac won't open it. I get a screen indicating that " unable to unarchive SamplerBanks.com_Free_Halion_3_bank.zip into desktop." Trying to open in Chbase LE 4 but cannot. Is this file not meant for Cubase LE 4? Maybe that's the problem. Meadowlark.

And just in case anyone wants to know where Halion keeps its' crap in Windows it is here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steinberg\Content\HALionOne SoundBanks

Glad to be of service!

Originally Posted by uab9253
    And just in case anyone wants to know where Halion keeps its' crap in Windows it is here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steinberg\Content\HALionOne SoundBanks

Glad to be of service!
    Where does Mac keep HALioneOne? Thanks. Meadowlark

I have no clue. Any takers?

I really appreciate the lightening speed with which you respond to queries. THANKYOU!!! Might you know how/where I can get more HALioneOne vst instruments that I can add to my Cubase LE 4, and possibly get HALioneOne strings and orchestra as well or even other instrument packages that are compatible? (Have a macbookpro 10.4.11). Meadowlark

I am guessing that you could get that stuff, if it exists from Yamaha, who makes Halion One and now either owns or is partnered with Steinberg.

I just went in to look and it says the folder is empty.

I have tried to load a VST into halion I get the Halion on screen and then go into chose my instrument in loaded presets but it will not load into Halion to put it into the project.

This is really weird and frustrating.

beauty inside and out

Junk Gear Lover

You can download a separate HALionOne installer from here:
    ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/VSTi_HALionOne/PC/1.1.0.0/Update_HALionOne_1.1.0.0.exe

Once I did that I still had to manually copy the two folders of HSB files (on my installation disc) into the HalionOne preset folder.
    Opinions are like demos - I don't want to hear yours. - Stephen Colbert

HALion1 is a cow to install and frankly not worth the effort.

Folks

HalionOne was originally installed as a component of Cubase 4, it was later updated to install standalone in C4.1; this is why it appears to behave a little randomly. If you installed with C4 and then updated the installer should move the dll automatically. There is a full explanation in the Knowledgebase on Steinberg.net. It isn't really a cow at all - just not very clearly documented.

Andi