Cubase vs. Ableton

Cubase vs. Ableton

Hey everyone,
    So what's the difference between a program like Cubase, and a program like Ableton? Cubase seems to have some very useful things I'd be interested in like vocal editing and pitch correction. Can Abelton do this as well? What about a program like logic?

Would there be an advantage to have both ableton and cubase (and perhaps logic)?

If you have a large sound library in ableton, is there still a use in having a large sound library on your piano/keyboard/synthesizer?

Thanks,
    Ari
    Last edited by ajs; 01-08-2011 at 08:03 PM.

2. join Win $100 In Mic Cables! Join Today! Join! It's free!

Re: Cubase vs. Ableton

What's the difference between a wrench and a socket set? Both get the job done, but in different ways. One's a little harder to use, but in the end it's all about personal preference.

jjb

Live is oriented towards a performance situation and cubase is a recording studio type thing. But both can be used any way you want.

Try them both. Good to try different sequencers to compare and learn what's possible.
    I never finish a mix, just abandon it.

can ableton live 8 do vocal editing and pitch correction as well? Where can I go about finding a manual? Is there a free online one or do I need to buy it from somewhere?

Go to their website, most have manuals in the support section.
    I never finish a mix, just abandon it.