Cubase 6 Artist and Third Party VST?

Cubase 6 Artist and Third Party VST?

Hi, I'm coming to the horrible conclusion that I can't use third party VST plugins with Cubase 6 Artist. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I've only had the application for a few days and I have to say I find it inferior to the freebie version of M-Powered Essentials that I got with my M-Audio Fast Track USB Interface. Is it possible to sell the application with the USB key and all even if I've registered it? If not I guess I'll keep plugging away with it, but I'm very discouraged at the limited functionality. A case of me not doing enough homework I guess, but when it comes to DAWs the information to help make a choice is pretty awful given most DAW's don't provide demo/trial versions. As a beginner it's very hard to even know what to look for until you've really worked with these applications.

Anyway, might just go back using M-Powered Essentials or maybe Reaper.

Any help is appreciated!

2. join Win $100 In Mic Cables! Join Today! Join! It's free!

Re: Cubase 6 Artist and Third Party VST?

Hi,

Is this installed as the 64-bit version? I only have Studio 5.5 but in 64-bit. I think I have the same problem. Most of the free VST's and many of the trial packs I have tried only seem to be supported on the 32-bit installation, sadly even more confusing some that are not meant to support 64-bit do. The VST-bridge freezes as soon as you add an incompatible VST plug-in?
    I wish somebody could shed some more detail on this, it is really limiting and frustrating....

Is it possible to sell the application with the USB key and all even if I've registered it?
    Steinberg has a system that will transfer the license off of your dongle and onto someone else's (for some small fee).

You would need to contact their support for specifics.

Most of the free VST's and many of the trial packs I have tried only seem to be supported on the 32-bit installation, sadly even more confusing some that are not meant to support 64-bit do.
    When it comes to freebie plugins, each one has to be considered separately. The VST bridge isn't as awesome as it could be, and I would recommend getting something like J-Bridge (a great tool that everybody should own anyway).

Originally Posted by hintonagus
    Also, I've only had the application for a few days and I have to say I find it inferior to the freebie version of M-Powered Essentials that I got with my M-Audio Fast Track USB Interface.
    Read the manual! I hope this doesn't come off as condescending, but you can't judge a DAW till you read the manual (unless it's that bad (which I doubt)). I'm working with cubase LE (the free one that came with my interface) and it can do almost everything you need a DAW to do. I can't imagine Cubase Artist is more limited than the free version.
    Signature

Artist 5 is more limited than LE4. Check Cubase Features and Requirements | Cubase Comparison Charts for more information.