Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default ASIO DIRECTX Full Duplex Driver

I have tried to get this driver to work using CUBASE AI4 that came with my YAMAHA MW10C USB Mixing Studio. I get the message when in the "DEVICE SETUP WINDOW" the following: "The ASIO Driver NO VALID ASIO DRIVER could be loaded". I have tried uninstalling and installing it again several times. I get the same message. I looked on the Steinberg site for information on this and haven't found anything yet that tells me what I can do to troubleshoot this problem. I haven't found anywhere a place to d/l the ablove mentioned driver. I have read both the OPERATION MANUAL and the GETTING STARTED MANUAL and the YAMAHA MANUAL for the mixer and don't see anything. I believe the driver was suppose to be loaded during the installation of CUBASE AI4 but if it is, why isn't it seen during the "DEVICE SETUP" procedure?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.
    James

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: ASIO DIRECTX Full Duplex Driver

I just looked up the specs on the Yamaha MW10C USB Mixing Studio Yamaha MW10C USB Mixing Studio - Bananas.com and it mentions under Cubase AI4 System Requirements that you must already have a DirectX/ASIO compatible audio interface on your computer. Do you? I would think that the Yamaha would just act as your audio interface but... <shrug>

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the reply. As I am just getting started with recording and I thought that the mixer would be used in place of the soundcard. In fact I remember reading somewhere that it would be a good idea to disable the PC soundcard as the YAMAHA MW10C would be much better than the soundcard for playing sounds as well as recording. I thought the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver would be part of the initial installation.

The CUBASE AI4 requirement for a DirectX/Driver leaves me wondering what I need. I researched REALTEK.COM for info on my soundcard (REALTEK High Definition Audio) but didn't learn if it was DirectX compatible. Since the PC came with DirectX version 10.0 I assume that it is.

I really thought that getting the audio interface working was going to be the easy part and that learning to make good recordings would be the hard part. Am I in for a wild ride or what? LOL

Junk Gear Lover
    Liked
    382 times

Originally Posted by James Hodges
    "The ASIO Driver NO VALID ASIO DRIVER could be loaded". I believe the driver was suppose to be loaded during the installation of CUBASE AI4 James
    In the manual, it says that no additional drivers are required. the Direct X drivers should be part of Windows.

From lurking on these types of forums for a few years, I have noticed that hardware that advertises "no additional drivers required" never works easily or well.

Your mixer is the interface. I would seek help from Yamaha, not Steinberg. Steinberg does not support OEM provided Cubase packages.

If you did disabled your on board soundcard, I would recommend you enable it. You may have disabled the Direct X drivers in the process. I have a hunch that Direct X ASIO uses your existing coputer soundcard.
    Last edited by Electriclight; 04-29-2008 at 11:01 AM.

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for your suggestion. I had already requested help from both Yamaha and Steinberg but have not heard from either. I had not disabled the PC soundcard and I am able to hear sound and record sound using the PC Sound Recorder. In fact, I have used the Yamaha mixer and recorded both audio and a guitar using the PC Sound Recorder bypassing the CUBASE AI4 program.
    Unfortunately I am not experienced enough to determine if the REALTEK HD AUDIO sound card drivers is DirectX compatible. I did get an upgrade today to the driver but it doesn't say anything that I can tell about being a DirectX driver.

I have another PC that I am considering trying with the mixer and CUBASE. If that doesn't work and I can't get help from Yamaha or Steinberg it looks like this thing is going back to the store.

Thanks for your help.
    James

Mega Member
    Liked
    5 times

First disable the onboard sound.
    Now setup your yamaha as primary sound device withe asio drivers not DX.
    I wish I had more time to explain/ask questions, but this should be a good start for you.

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

I wanted to try your suggestion but I had uninstalled the program and when I tried to reinstall this time I get a message telling me the eLicense file is corrupted now so I can't even get CUBASE to run at all. I sent CUBASE a message to try and give me another eLicense so I can keep trying to get this program to work. But I haven't heard from them from the last time I requested it so I don't have much hope they will respond to me this time.
    Maybe I need to consider trying to find another software program to use.
    Last edited by James Hodges; 04-29-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Junk Gear Lover
    Liked
    382 times

Cubase is made to work with ASIO drivers. The Yamaha mixer is plug and play using existing Direct X drivers and doesn't have its own ASIO drivers. (I think Magno is assuming it is an ASIO device with dedicated drivers - it's not).

ASHOKANKID just resolved the license issue:
    Cubase LE 4 Issue! How to REMOVE completely SEL Soft eLicense?!?!

Just in case anyone else experiences a corrupted SEL, there is a SEL Renewal tool utility available through Steinberg Support that DID the trick!

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for all of you for helping me. My problem has been solved. I got a phone call today from a YAMAHA rep who had me download a YAMAHA ASIO driver from their site. He stayed on the phone with me until I got the mixer to record using CUBASE. Yamaha was very helpful and quick to respond.

Thanks
    Last edited by James Hodges; 06-23-2009 at 05:57 AM.

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Originally Posted by James Hodges
    ... I got a phone call today from a YAMAHA rep who had me download a YAMAHA ASIO driver from their site....
    I hope your still around James... and if so, can you tell me what driver it was you downloaded?

I have recently got hold of a MW10C and although it comes with cubase, I'm much more familiar with Sonar. I can't get the MW10C to play AUDIO in sonar without crackling and popping no matter how high I manually raise the buffer time, it gets better as I increase it but never reaches an acceptable level. The cubase driver is called something like "ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver" which to me suggests it's not actually a NATIVE ASIO driver.

In Sonar I can filter driver categories between ASIO - WDM/KS - MME and nothing appears in the ASIO list. The WDM/KS list shows only my SB LIVE card and a Yamaha USB Audio driver. But no listing of the driver that Cubase uses (ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver).

Like you (were), I am new to the recording scene and can't understand how a device can work in one DAW but not in another, unless the Driver it uses for cubase is exclusive and Yamaha/Steinberg don't want people using other DAW's.... Of course this is only my own speculation because I can't get the damn thing to work in Sonar.

Sorry to ramble... I was just curious if the Driver you downloaded was the default DirectX one or it was some fully Native ASIO driver that may help me in my situation.

Thanks for any info,
    Merlin.

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

I am new to the recording process myself. I tried everything and nothing worked until I signed on to the YAMAHA web site. Try this link: MW10/MW12 - Download - Yamahasynth.com I downloaded the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver there.

I hope this helps.

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks mate, I'll give it a shot.

Cheers.

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Thank's!!!!

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Re: ASIO DIRECTX Full Duplex Driver

ih anyone i need a driver to get the sound to work on my pc i had someone clear my pc xp oporating system and he put a new xp on so the i could start afresh as my pc was infected it is now running really good but cuebase will not start as it says it needs asio driver can you help

Brand New Member
    Liked
    0 times

Log on to Yamahasynth.com downloaded the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver there.