10 Reasons I'm Not Going Portable With My Studio Anymore
by, 07-24-2011 at 11:39 AM (2851 Views)
Why I'm Sticking To The Studio
1. I seemed to have smashed in the part of my brain that accurately estimates the amount of time it takes to pack up for a gig elsewhere.
2. I seemed to have double smashed in the part of my brain that can accurately estimate the amount of time it takes to set back up
3. I always seem to forget just how smashed up GEAR gets on the road.
4. When I'm engineering, I can't hear a damn thing.
5. Great rooms are hard to come by.
6. Taking advantage of good, NOT GREAT, rooms is fun. However, in most cases, I can't hear what the hell I'm doing!
7. Because I can't hear, there is this anxiety that kills me. I always feel nervous working in an environment where I can't hear anything.
8. For projects serious enough to utilize good rooms, I still seem to use sample layering on drums.
9. I can't remember everything I need. PCMAI cards, adat lightpipe cables, that one tube mic connector, that one power supply. There is always something that I have to do without.
10. I hate people. There are always additional people who want to see the magic of recording. These people give off heat, make noise, and are rarely a candidate for the cover of Maxim.